2 large Russet potatoes, quartered and boiled for 12 minutes in salted water until just cooked through, drained
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp of grapeseed oil, canola oil, peanut oil, or other high smoke-point oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 3 slices bacon, chopped into cubes
- 2 tablespoons fresh Rosemary, chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
In a skillet, fry the bacon till crispy, then drain and place on paper towels to dry.
Remove all but 1 tablespoon of the bacon fat, then add add sliced onions to pan and cook until softened, 3 to 4 minutes.
Add the potato pieces and rosemary, spread out as much as possible along the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle generously with salt and freshly ground pepper. Cook until nicely browned on the bottom, without stirring for about 7-8 minutes.
Add 1 Tbsp bacon fat, or more oil to the pan. Gently flip the potatoes and cook until the bottom of the flipped potatoes are nicely browned.
Serves 4 as a side.