- Adapted from Bittman from NYTimes:
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 1 medium potato, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- Salt and black pepper
- 4 medium zucchini, trimmed and diced
- 2 ripe firm pears, peeled cored and diced
- 3 tablespoons combination of olive oil and butter
- 5 cups vegetable stock, or use water
- Mint leaves or Chives and Cream for garnish
Melt butter and olive oil in deep pan, then saute onions, carrots, potatoe and garlic for 10 minutes until soft.
Add zucchini and thyme and saute for another 10 minutes, before adding pears. 5 minutes after adding pears, add the stock.
Bring to a boil, then simmer for 10 minutes.
Cool and puree. Serve hot or cold, garnished with chopped chives and a dash of cream.